This Week in Dose Response highlight game changes done in the last week or so. It is inspired by the weekly thread at the roguelikedev subreddit.
(Dose Response is an open-world roguelike where you play an addict)
Quite an eventful week with a lot of code changes and experimentation.
- Added an optional SDL2 backend – this should improve things like fullscreen later on
- The screen scrolls smoothly when the player gets close to a window edge
- The player can now move while animations (screen re-centering or dose explosion) are playing
- More gameplay tweaks for Dose strength and tolerance increase
- The game is still winnable :)
The SDL backend and smooth scrolling still have a few bugs, but things look good.